Sunday, September 22, 2013

To Serve or Be Served

I joined a Church today. It isn't a highly progressive and dynamic one I don't suppose. I attended another one for three weeks trying to see where I felt like I'd like to be. 

The Church I chose may be struggling. I'm not sure, but I found a place where I can offer to serve. Somehow, I am more attracted by a Church that needs me where I have something to offer, than by one that is vibrant and growing and I might get lost in.

It could be that I am seeking to make myself important, and that is probably conceit and self-promotion. It certainly falls short of a spiritual call, but I'll see how God works and how I fit in with the Church. I don't imagine it will take long for me to know if I am able to contribute to the Church's ministry and program. I'll also find out if the Church feeds me. I've changed churches on several occasions when the one I was attending stopped nourishing me in the Word of God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment