Saturday, September 14, 2013

Food at "the home"

Most of the food at "the home" is pretty good. I mean it will sustain life, but let's face it: The food gets all the complaints. Most of the food is not cooked like I made it when I was at my house. They don't season it like I would. The menus are not selected like I would  Some of it is just not fixed to fit my taste. All that being said, it's still O.K.

Now let's get down to the real opinion. Most of it is not the way I want it done, but I want to gripe about abut some specifics. A Chicken Croquette was not something I was acquainted with. I have made and eaten Salmon Croquettes for many years--this looked like something I knew, but it was not. It had less taste and I could have been convinced that it had already been chewed. It had a lovely, deceptive brown crust, but then it fell apart. The crust was covered in a rather tasteless sauce described as Country Gravy on the menu. I have both and made and eaten Country Gravy. This was made from a mix and was even blander than the Croquette.

On to other things: The other item on the plate was labeled
 Marinated Salad. I guess marinated means it was soggy and sour. Salad is supposed to be crisp and fresh. 

Oh, yes, I forgot, there was no bread. Gravy usually means there is bread to go with it. Well, maybe the lovely crust on the Chicken thing was to go with the gravy. This meal was absolutely the worst I have encountered at "the home." It didn't taste bad, but on the other hand, it didn't taste at all. 

Maybe that's all my gripes for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment