Saturday, September 28, 2013

Do You Like It Here?

Somebody asked me if I like it here. I took a long time to answer, and even then I couldn't say "yes." That caused me to think about my true feelings. No I don't like it. There are a great many benefits to living here, but they don't make me like it. 

I don't always like the food. Sometimes it's O.K. I don't like not having a car and being able to come and go as I please. I can use the transportation bus and get stuff done, but it's not always convenient or pleasing. I don't like having to use cable for TV. It's mostly a bore. 

Back to the food, I don't like the meal schedule. 8:a.m., 12:30 and 5:30 makes the meals too close together. I would like 7 a.m. 12 noon, and 6 p.m. or maybe 6:30. I'd like them spread out a little more. It seems like all there is to do is get over one meal and wait for the next one.

I am really bored by the activity schedule. Many of the activities are not attended, so I guess I'm not the only once that finds the schedule worse than boring. Some people really get into the bingo games. I'm glad for them, but bingo has never been my favorite. I'm not big on cards or dominoes either. And I don't play Texas Holdem Poker.

So there are my complaints. Given time I'll probably find more. I didn't mention that some people are not my favorite companions, but maybe that'd be getting too honest. There are many intelligent people whose conversation's I would enjoy. I guess I haven't found most of them yet. I like one gentleman whose hearing is so bad he doesn't make conversation. It is nice to sit with him and have no obligation to talk. Sometimes I've sat alone, but then people want me to sit with someone since they perceive my solitude as loneliness. I really don't like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment