Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Learning the RopesI

So I'm learning the rules and routines at Heritage Village now. Meals have always been markers and gauges to measure time, but I was never constrained by them like I am now. Meals are served at 8:00, 12:30 and 5:30. Of course, every apartment has a full kitchen so I could cook at home if I wanted to, but one of the advantages of living here is the freedom from shopping for food, cooking, and cleaning up. Now I feel like I'm on a schedule--I have to go to the dining room on time. It's not like I meeting someone I want to see. It's not a romantic tryst. It noon and it's time for dinner and I have to be there and sit with people who I am just being introduced to. It's life in "the home." 

And I'll get used to it or get over it or cook at home. Human beings adapt and adjust and change. It's not bad and maybe it's a sign of growth. And to think I though there wouldn't be any challenges in living in a retirement home.

No comments:

Post a Comment