Monday, August 5, 2013

Moving In!

I now live in "the home," Heritage Village, a retirement home. It's a nice facility for senior citizens. I moved in less than a week ago, so I'm one of the new kids on the block. I'm still getting adjusted to the routine and the activities. It's been a joke between my kids and me for a long time that one of them would put me in "the home." In the TV show "The Golden Girls" Dorothy was always threatening Sophia with "Shady Pines" I guess this is my "Shady Pines."

Meals are provided. Transportation is provided. Bills are paid except for TV, Internet and phone. There are many activities (most of which I don't care for). I'm still trying to find my niche. Niche theory says there is a place where I'll be useful and maintain my ability to perform ordinary functions. At least it happens in the natural world. Maybe in this artificial civilization there are new rules. Does anyone have any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment