Saturday, August 10, 2013

It Ain't Over Till It's over"

I moved into the retirement home on Thursday, so I may still be in what I'd call the adjustment phase. I'm learning all the routines and language of the residents and staff. I've met lots of people but I rarely can remember the names. One lady assured me that nobody else could either. We all seem to have similar problems, and I may actually be among the more able contingent. Several people are in their nineties and I know one lady who will be 100 in September. Age is not really the important factor. Maybe there are more important factors when you are old than age. 

The question I ask myself is not "How old am I?" but, "Do I have life in me?" I want to share this exciting adventure of old age with you. One day it will end, but until then there are lessons to learn and events to view and accomplishments to celebrate. It ain't over til it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment