Saturday, July 7, 2012

Memories for the Future

This isn't really the house I grew up in, but it looks a lot like it.  It works for memories.






One of the fun things I enjoy about getting old is found in the thrill I get from recounting, remembering, and sharing memories. First, I find the remembering gives me a sense of reliving the event.  I get to share the people and the thrill of the moment with a whole new audience.


The second part of the fun is the way it blesses me to hear people I love from long ago.  I hear them laugh at me or scold me just like they did, and I feel loved again.  There is an Theven greater appreciation for the love of family and friends when you meet them in a memo

The most embarrassing moments are no longer devastating in a memory.  I may remember that I was mortified when I was fifteen and didn't know how to give a speech, but now I can reflect on the event and allow myself to recover.  Now I can stand in front of an audience and not melt, but it did take practice and confidence.  It's nice to know I did grow up.


Memories bless you all your life.  They also give you a chance to repent, ask forgiveness, and replay your last rant.  Getting older means getting better, and some of the things we profit from are our memories.  Enjoy them.  Learn from them.  And don't let anyone tell you that you are living in the past.  You are just bringing the past into the present time so it can bless the future..





No comments:

Post a Comment