Thursday, June 28, 2012

Massage and Chropractic

English: Thai Massage
English: Thai Massage (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I had never been to see a Chiropractor until this week, but I had begun to get weekly massages.  The massages relieved pain and pressure in my neck, shoulders and back.  It was wonderful.  The pain in my neck had been so severe that I often went to bed early or endured pain that made me nauseated.   After I started getting the massages weekly, I realized that the relief was wonderful but temporary, so I thought it was time to get more serious about the treatment.


One reason I like this approach is the lack of chemical or pharmacological agents.  I don't do well with many medications.  In addition to that, I like it because at any time I can say, "That's enough."  I may be a control freak, but I want to know what is happening and be able to stop when I want.  When you take medication, it is in your body and the effects may last beyond the time you want them to.  I find that unacceptable especially since the effects can cause visual distortion, loss of balance, allergic reactions, or intoxication.  Massage and Chiropractic haven't caused any of these negative events for me.  


If you've never tried it, you might want to consider it before you take your next pill.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment