Saturday, January 4, 2014

Is It Really a Phone?



I have become disillusioned with my lovely new phone. It has many functions and will do many tasks, but I don't know how to operate it and all this technology is wasted on me. When I want to make a call the keyboard is hidden. There are rows of icons to choose from, but none of them relates to making a call. I just want to call the bank and check on my balance and make an appointment with the dentist. My 11 year old granddaughter looks at me with pity. She tries not to be insulting, but it's not hard to feel out-dated and inept under her watchful eye. 

The phone did come with instructions, such as they were. They were printed in two or three languages in very small type with a photo of the phone detailing the function of the buttons displayed. 
If I can find the English version of the instructions and the magnifying glass, I might figure some of it out.

Oh, I can play a game on it, but it runs the battery down in about five minutes. Sometimes newer and better just means I can't do it. Getting better as I get older may take a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment