Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A New Crop of Kites



I started making a new crops of kites on Sunday.  I need to make forty or fifty by next month.  I hope by the time I need them it's not already into the windless summer temperatures that make kite flying not so much fun.


The Youth Group at a church I love is going to have a picnic and day of fun as an evangelistic tool to invite new people.  I am praying for the kites to be an adventure for the kids and adults.  I also want to share the adventure of kiting.  In the process, I will get to deliver an object lesson about how a kite operates.  The kite flies because the wind hits the flat surface and pushes down across the face of the kite.  The downward force pushes the kite up.  


It is important to remember that the wind is the power of the kite, but the string holds the kite facing the wind.  We are like that too.  We rise on the power we cannot see, but only feel, but we have to have a good connection to the one in control or we'll wind up in a tree or the fence.  The Holy Spirit gives us power to rise up, but without a firm connection, we fall into disaster.


I'm old; I know about disaster.  Firm connections are vital to a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment