Saturday, April 28, 2012

I Love Life!

Getting older is now my official job.  The main goal of the job is to continue getting older.  In a great many ways it is a really fun.  I can say anything I want because most people over look you when you get old.  I can learn all kinds of things I never had time study before.  Recalling memories and retelling the old stories is better now because I have historical  impact when I speak.  


I can't be fired, and  I can't be demoted, but the scary part of this is that now I am finally in an unassailable position, time is running out.  


I have diabetes which is causing me some neuropathy (nerve damage--it makes my feet hurt).  I have lost some of my vision.  If I say you don't look as good as you used to, its because I can't see you that well.  My balance is getting worse--blame the neuropathy.  All the ads on TV promise me I will fall and not be able to get up.  My memory is unreliable, and everybody I know has the same problem.  I wonder if it is contagious.


I call this blog Getting Older--Getting Better because in some ways I really am, but in other ways I'm not.  My brain and my global understanding of the world and people is more acute and more astute than it has ever been before.  But let's face it, folks, I need to make my mark quick, because the clock is winding down.  I've had a good run and a lot of fun.  This is not good-bye, and just keep it in mind--it ain't over, till it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment