Sunday, February 26, 2012

Blogs for Old Folks


I did a little research one day to understand what kind of blogs were available on the subject of getting old.  It was very interesting.  Some sites were collections of posts from other sources.  They offered interesting information, but they did not carry a viewpoint or a single author. 
Getting Older Stinks is this kind.
Another kind of site is written about the subject of aging, however the author is not old.  One I found was very philosophical and I enjoyed her writing very much, but she was looking at old age from the other side.
Rachel Henwood.com was the title.  Check her out.
Some blogs for older folks are hosted and written by experts that give scientific evidence for their opinions.  Some of them are very informative and give you reasons for why you should have something differently before you got old. 
Ageless Life Styles is a good one.  See what you think.
All this reading and researching gave me some insight into what a blog is and what it should do.  I discovered that mine doesn't do any of the things that the biggies do.  There are blogs about investing, medical research, nursing homes, and nutrition, and there are blogs for people who have older relatives, but mine doesn't really fit a category.  I'd like to take a poll, but I don't think I have enough readers to get much information.  Anyone who reads this is welcome to give me an opinion or point me in the right direction.
Here's the question:  What interests you on the Internet and what do you want to learn about getting older?

No comments:

Post a Comment