Friday, April 10, 2015

Have You Made Your Vision Board?

On a TV Talk Show hosted by Steve Harvey the subjects were encouraged to make a board with visual reminders of their goals and aspirations. I think I've done it in a class or Vacation Bible School, or Girl Scouts. It was fun, but even then I didn't put it on the wall and meditate on it. I understand the principle and impact such a present stimulus is to keeping your goals in the forefront of your thoughts.

On the other hand, my goals are better fixed in my mind than any board made from magazine advertisements could ever match. My imagination carries those dreams and my heart beats with the rhythm of them daily.

The fact is, I'm old, so most of my dreams have been fulfilled or abandoned. The ones I still cherish are a permanent fixture in my 
existence so there is little chance that a Vision Board would enhance my efforts or the realization of long held dreams. 

More and more now I want to make a memory board to celebrate past victories and accomplishments. I want to remember the good times and enjoy the successes of earlier times. I do have another goal--I want to finish well. John Wesley talked about "a good death." I want that to be my final effort. Leaving 'em smiling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment