Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Short Visit for the Holiday

I am going on a little trip to visit my daughter, her husband and their two daughters.  It'll be wonderful!  They live in McAllen (that's still in Texas), but it is in the Rio Grand Valley.  I live closer to the Red River Valley.  Well, I used to.  I came from Red River County.  


I am going to enjoy their new house and go shopping and spoil the girls.  That's what grandmothers do.  Grandmothers also tut-tut a lot when the kids wear styles they don't like or eat things that look strange.  I'll stay four days and hug everybody a lot, and I'll get to tell all the stories of what I have been doing lately, and relive the fun parts and re-frame the disasters into a better outcome.  Visiting kids and grand kids is create.  When I come home, I'll get to tell all those stories too.  Remembering what was fun and sharing the pictures is have the fun of going.  It makes the trip last a lot longer, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment