Saturday, October 11, 2014

Side Effects Did It!

I have reconciled myself to the fact I am getting older. Getting older is not bad. Getting feeble, being weak, not being able to walk: these are bad things. And I feel them happening even as I am denying the reality. I stagger when I walk. I can't walk in a straight line anymore. I have begun to use the fitness machines in the exercise room. My logic is that I need to strengthen my legs, but I'm afraid my logic is faulty. 

I'm afraid I have suffered a TIA. It was not a big deal, but it has compromised my ability to walk and maintain my balance. It passed very quickly, but it has left me with some impairments. I think it's all physical. I don't notice any difference in my thinking, comprehension, or reasoning. Of course, if I had damage in those areas, I might not be aware enough to make a good evaluation.

I don't think there is any treatment for this kind of thing. I will see the doctor soon. I can blame it all on the commercials on TV. The vast array of side effects from medication are a sort of safety net to catch all the blame for all kinds of symptoms. It may not be true, but that's what I'm going with now.

No comments:

Post a Comment