Saturday, April 20, 2013

To Honor Those Who Stood To Serve

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - guard at attenti...
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - guard at attention 01 - Arlington National Cemetery - 2012 (Photo credit: dctim1)




TO HONOR THOSE WHO STOOD TO SERVE

Oh, God of freedom and of might,
Who gave us victory in the fight,
Provided bounty in this land
By strength of all who chose to stand,
We thank those who obeyed the call,
Who stepped up and gave their all.
We have no medals to bestow
The depth of gratitude to show.
To honor those who stood to serve,
We pray You bless and still preserve.



            This little poem expresses some of the obligation I feel toward the men and women who have served our country and are serving today.  There are no words, no accolades to offer those who invest their lives in this service .  But I am pleased to pray for their safety.  I am excited when I see them in a parade.  I am moved by their service and sacrifice.  I give thanks for their dedication.







Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment